We’re down to our last month of 2018 and what a year it has been! The month of November kind of got away from me in terms of reading and I’m beginning to think I also hit a bit of a reading slump somewhere towards the end of the month. But like most of you, I set a reading goal for the year in January and am now on the frantic side of my shelves trying to salvage that goal and see if there is any hope of meeting it. It’s not so much about the number of books I can read in a year, but more so about allowing myself the space and time to read the books I wanted to get to in 2018. So, here is the (very) short list of books I read in November, and the quite massive list of books I would like to finish by the end of December. Goodreads links will be provided for each 🤓
- Sweep: Volume One by Cate Tiernan ~ TWO Stars
- Binti by Nnedi Okorafor ~ FIVE Stars
- Engines of the Broken World by Jason Vanhee ~ FIVE Stars
- Moonshadow’s Guardian by Dianna Gunn ~ THREE Stars
- Welcome to Lovecraft (Locke & Key #1) by Joe Hill ~ THREE Stars
- Head Games (Locke & Key #2) by Joe Hill ~ FOUR Stars
Books I started in November but haven’t yet finished…
- Quill of the Dove by Con Cu`
- The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett
- Love is the Answer God is the Cure by Aimee Cabo Nikolov
I ascertained long ago that I am 100% a mood reader. Knowing this, I still ask myself each month why I make a TBR list if I am probably not going to get to each of the books on it. Maybe it’s the act of making a list, or seeing a stack of books just sitting there looking delicious and mysterious. Whatever the reason, I still make them and it is helpful to have that stack of books there as a reminder that I picked each individual book out for a reason. SO…to help increase the odds of each contestant for this month, if there is a book in this list that you have read and absolutely loved, please let me know!
- The Blasphemer by Nigel Farndale
- Bitter Orange by Claire Fuller
- Unhonored (The Nighbirds #2) by Tracy Hickman and Laura Hickman
- The Pledge (The Pledge #1) by Kimberly Derting
- The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
- Dream A Little Dream (Silber #1) by Kerstin Gier
- Local Girls by Alice Hoffman
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- Endeavor’s Run (The Hope Prophesy #1) by Tobin Marks
That’s it for the wrap up and reading plans. I am really hoping for some great stories to read by the light of my Christmas tree and will have some reviews up for you soon!
Thank you for reading! Let me know if you would recommend any of the books listed above!